Click column header to sort
Local industrial retail shop needs a Stock Clerk who will help unload various parts, stock shelves, replenish inventory, help with counter sales at times and perform lighy janitorial duties. This Stock Clerk will be part of a small team that helps this store sell various parts, help keep items put away and the area cleaned as well as some customer service and possibly some light repairs (company will teach).
This is a long term, full time, temp to hire job!!! Hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Nice guys to work with!!
If you like to keep things organized and be a great help then this is the job for you!!!
Previous stocking or counter help experience a plus
Previous janitorial experience a plus
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Local company is looking to add an Accounts Payable Clerk to their team! This A/P Clerk will process invoices and contract payments, generate checks, payments and reports along with other accounting functions. Other duties include reconciling, balance edits and approve batch, review all check requests, track and process payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements and checks.
*Company would be glad to look at candidates who have their Associates Degree with a focus in accounting, financial or business.
This is a long term, full time "temp to hire" position. Hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Company offers great benefits and a 401k retirement plan
Minimum 1 year experience in Accounts Payable or Accounting
Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Data Entry and Light Excel
High School diploma or GED
Strong attention to detail
Bilingual a plus
Long time, great "parts" company in Bakersfield is looking for a Parts Counter Associate! This Parts Counter Associate will assist walk in customers, order various parts for store and the shop, put stock away, help keep the store clean and organized and
light data entry etc.
If you like to take ownership of your area and keeps things nice and perform great customer service then this is the job for you!!!
This is a long term, full time, temp to hire position!! Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
Previous customer service, parts counter and/or light industrial sales experience
Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
Valid California Driver's License
Pass drug screening
Clerk Typist II - Bilingual
$15.23 per hour
If interested, please forward resume to Matthew at firstname.lastname@example.org or call direct at 661-679-6979 for more information.
One year of experience performing varied general office or clerical functions. Education: Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, including or supplemented by coursework in typing, record management, and general office practices.
Minimum Education Requirement:
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade, including or supplemented by coursework in typing, record management, and general office practices.
Ability to perform general clerical work of average difficulty with speed and accuracy; make simple arithmetical calculations with speed and accuracy; communicate effectively in oral and written form; type or keyboard at a net corrected speed of 40 words per minute; understand and carry out oral and written directions; establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; ability to communicate in Spanish may be required depending on assignment.
Examples of Duties:
Perform a variety of clerical tasks, including typing, proofreading, filing, and the recording of data; compile information and prepare reports and summaries; answer the telephone and provide caller with routine information and data; may occasionally operate a private branch telephone switchboard; assist the public and office visitors by answering routine inquiries, providing them with information and data, and by directing them to appropriate offices or staff members; maintains a variety of alphabetical, numerical, and subject matter files and records; types from rough drafts and notes, and prepares final copy of material which may involve the utilization of transcription equipment; may perform a variety of data entry functions using a computer terminal; may compose routine letters and memoranda; receive, sort, and distribute mail; make appointments following consultation with staff secretarial personnel; may assist in the preparation and distribution of legal documents and a variety of confidential information and data; may maintain simple financial or statistical records; may assist in the development of student records and in the preparation and distribution of student transcripts; may transfer pupil records to requesting agencies.
Knowledge of: Modern office methods, procedures, and techniques; English usage, spelling, grammar, punctuation, arithmetic concepts, and legal terminology as required by the assignment; standard office machines and equipment; record storage, retrieval, and management systems.
Social Media Marketing Representative - Great, local company is looking for a Social Media Marketing Representative who is social media savvy! This Social Media Marketing Representative will play an integral part in growing this business even more! Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Create marketing and social media campaigns and strategies utilizing various social media platforms
- Grows and expands company social media presence
- Creats and distributes engaging written and/or graphic content
- Collects customer data and analyzes interactions and visits
- Researches and monitors activity of company competitors
- Ensures brand consistency in marketing and social media messages
This is a long term, full time, temp to hire position in Bakersfield, CA. The hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday thru Friday.
- Knowledge and experience with major social media platforms
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Creative and innovative
Mid Cal Labor is looking for an experienced Portable Tank Cleaners/Roustabout with a Confined Space certification.
Pressure Washing portable tanks among other oilfield duties.
This is a Full time temp to hire.
Pay rate $17hr with a 30 day evaluation for rate increase.
Apply now & call Jan @ (661) 695-5112
or walk in our office @ 5016 California Avenue; Bakersfield
Legal Receptionist - Busy, legal office is looking to add to their administrative team. This Receptionist will answer busy phones, greet clients, send emails, schedule appointments, distribute mail and faxes, process legal paperwork, order office supplies and various other clerical duties.
This is a long term, full time, temp to hire position!!! Hours are Monday thru Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Proficient in Microsoft Word
Excellent data entry skills
Possess strong customer service skills
Manual Machinist - Machinist needed for busy, local machine shop! This Machinist will use a variety of machines such as a Lathe, Mill, Drill Press etc. This shop makes parts, shafts and sleeves, bore things out. Very intricate work with tight dimensions.
This is a long term, full time position in Bakersfield! Hours are 6:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. (subject to change during seasons) however, this is always a day shift. Company offers excellent benefits along with a 401 k Retirement plan (with a % match)!
- Previous experience in a Manual Machinist position
- Ability to read blueprints to determine equipment and material needed
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Utilize measuring tools
- Ability to set up Manual Lathe, Mill and Grinders
- Valid California Driver's License
- Personal tools are a plus
Local Resoration Company in Bakersfield, CA. is in need of general laborers to assist in resoration services. These will be temporary positions. This candidate will be expected to remove and clean any damages from homes, businesses that have been damged due to disaster. All PPE will be provided. Candidate will need to pass Background Check, have a valid California DL and be able to pass Drug Screen. Hours of work will vary depending on job site specifications. Candidate will also need to be available on a "stand-by" status. Starting pay will be at 15.00 per hour for standard assignments and variable pay rate for any Prevailing Wage jobs. If interested, please contact Matthew direct at 661-679-6979 and/or email resume direct to email@example.com
Mid Cal Labor is in search of a Qualified Landscaper. Must be experienced & detailed in performing grounds keeping and maintenance duties. Mow either by hand or using a riding lawnmower. Cut lawn using hand, power or riding mower and trim and edge around walks, flower beds, and walls. Landscape by planting flowers, grass, shrubs, and bushes. Knowledgeable of maintenance & repair of drip systems. Pay rate is based on experience. Please Apply NOW. Walk in's Welcome at 5016 California Avenue; Bakersfield, CA 93308 & ask for Jan or call to set an appointment (661) 695-5112
Mid Cal Labor is looking for experienced Tank Cleaners. We prefer you have your Confined Space Certification. We will be able to assist you in obtaining your Safety Passport, Chevron BPSO/OPL, & PFT to qualify for this assignment. If you already have these certifications, you will be able to start sooner than those without them. Confined Space Rescue is also a Plus. Valid drivers license is a plus but not required. This assignment is full time; 40+ hours a week - temp to hire. Pay ranges BOE $15 to $18hr. Please apply now and contact Jan @ (661) 695-5112
*Please remember your resume must reflect experience in this field to be considered*
Mid Cal Labor is looking for Journeyman & Apprentice Electrician THAT CAN BEND PIPE & HAVE STATE CERTIFICATION. Pay ranges from $20 to $40 based of skilled/level of experience & certifications you hold. We are in search of 2/3year apprentices pipe benders as well as California certified electricians that live in the Bakersfield area.
Contact Jan ASAP (661) 695-5112 or walk in at 5016 California Avenue; Bakersfield, CA 93309
Yard hand with a driver's license
6 general labors - 2 week assignment to temp to hire - $15.00 per hour - need as soon as possible. working in pipe yard
Servers for a wedding on Sept 3r and 4th - must Have experience serving food - must have black pants, black socks and black shoes, we will provide the shirt and tie.
Gas Turbine Technician Operaor - COGENERATION
Currently looking to fill positions for a cogeneration plant In the Santa Clarita area with gas turbine driven generators providing electricity to lease operations and the grid. Gas turbines units are two LM2500’s. Both units have Power Purchase Agreements in place. In addition to the power generation, waste heat recovery units provide steam to leases for enhanced heavy oil recovery. The Cogeneration Operators are responsible for performing routine operations, inspections and maintenance of all equipment and systems located within the plant. Positions are considered an intermediate level role working under moderate supervision reporting to the Cogen Foreman. Position involves close interaction with Operations field personnel along with external vendors and subcontractors. Roles & Responsibilities: · Ensure the plant is operated and maintained according to Company policy and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local regulatory requirements; with a strong focus on health, safety and environmental issues.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for continuous operations of cogeneration plant by performing equipment rounds, monitoring DCS and responding to alarms by calmly taking appropriate corrective actions.
- Read and follow written operating procedures, P&IDs and other technical material applicable to cogeneration plant operation and maintenance.
- Must be able to read and respond to computer-generated data, instrumentation, gauges, readouts and variations in color.
- Perform required field adjustments of plant equipment and systems to ensure that system operates in accordance with generation requirements, established operating parameters and environmental permit requirements.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate inventory levels of chemicals and consumables required to operate the plant.
- Utilize computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to document and track the maintenance request / work orders and actions completed on plant equipment and systems.
- Participate in plant housekeeping program and completes clean-up activities required to maintain the desired level of plant cleanliness.
- Operate station vehicles such as forklifts, trucks; man lifts and overhead cranes
- Contribute to the development, review and issuance of required plant operating procedures and training programs
- High School diploma, GED, trade school, military service (Navy, Coast Guard. Merchant Marine plant engineering watch standing), technical training school graduate or college graduate with a BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Marine, Facilities)
- Gas turbine with heat recovery unit experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must have basic computer skills and have functional ability in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Team player with good communications skills.
- Self-starter who takes initiative on learning the plant systems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible to changing work schedules for outages and other shift coverage needs.
- Interact with co-workers all levels of management in a professional manner. · Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Possesses a high standard of professional ethics, honesty, and work practices.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, and occasionally very loud.
- Position requires working on feet extended working hours and varied shifts with weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules.
- Must be able to frequently climb ladders; enter and work in confined spaces; crawl to and through confined space areas; climb to and work from elevated platforms, and walkways
- This job requires the ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, climb vertical access ladders and stairwells.
- Personal protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, chemical suits, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.)
- Must be able to wear a respirator and use other safety equipment as required by plant management.
****Your resume MUST show gas turbine or steam turbine experience. As there is an immediate need for this!!
Please apply here now and follow up with a call to Jan Fleet (661) 695-5112
or submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Turbine Op in the subject
or walk into our office at 5016 California Avenue; Bakersfield, CA 93309
General Laborers needed for pipeyard work - These G.L.'s will assist in sorting rods, running rods thru visual machine, basic clean up, break guides etc. *Company will train if you meet the below requirements.
Shift is 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday thru Friday (with some overtime on Saturdays, 5 to 8 hrs)
Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Pass drug screening
Steel Work Boots required
Mid Cal Labor currently has a opening for a Logging Engineer Assistant.
This is an entry level position and company will train. Starting Pay is 14/Hr with at least 40 hours a week. Lunch hour is paid.
After hired on after evaluation, the company offers rate increase, full benefits, 2 weeks of vacation to start, FR uniforms/laundry service and a cell phone.
Please see job duties and responsibilities below:
* Understands and adhere to all policies and procedures; furthermore, understand and adhere to any client policies and procedures; completes all paperwork for journey managements, JSA's, BBE's, SWA's and near misses; maintains safe and efficient outdoor environment; attends safety meetings; report needed changes.
* Stays current with all required training, safety and industry standards.
* Drives wire line unit and shop vehicles to location & back to shop; cleans & maintains.
* Aiding in spotting; rigging up and down of wire line
* Routinely performs inspection reports for devices, equipment and vehicles; visual inspections, critical inspections
* Sets up & breaks down logging tools
* Troubleshoots tools, equipment & truck problems
* Maintains & repairs on logging equipment
* Maintains logging tools
* Knowledge & training of truck operations.
* Stocks all supplies, & equipment needed to complete daily job
* Maintains data entry requirements by following data program techniques & procedures; reviews survey interpretation before submitting to drafting department
* Completes tasks given by engineer
* Report to Engineer
* Knowledge & training of R/A material
* Update Utilization logs
* Maintains customer confidence & protects operations by keeping information confidential
* Effectively works with crew members to complete task with supervisor
* Creates solutions to onsite challenges using available equipment & team members
* Works with Customer Representatives
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
* Frequent climbing (steps & ladders)
* Frequent lifting, pushing, & pulling (no more than 50lbs)
* Frequent bending, twisting & standing
* Exposure to work outdoors in all weather conditions
* Ability to work more than 40 hours in any given week
* Maintain a Valid California Drivers License & Clean DMV
* Ability to drive a stick shift is helpful
* Able to work out of town on occasion
~if you have the qualifications & would like to be considered for this assignment; please click the link below to apply now. Then follow up with a call to Jan (661) 695-5112 or walk in at 5016 California Avenue; Bakersfield
**Resume must show work history in relations in order to be considered**
Mid Cal Labor is looking for experienced Well & pump hands for a local company.
Must have a valid Drivers license & clean driving record is required.
Commercial License $22hr.
Class C license $18hr.
Working 10/12 hour days Monday - Friday & some Saturdays.
Some out of town required.
This is a term to hire position.
Please Apply now or walk in & ask for Jan @ 5016 California Avenue; Bakersfield, CA 93309 or call (661) 695-5112
Mid-Cal Labor is in need of roustabouts for a local oilfield company that is working near the Kern River side of town. Full time temp to hire $15 per hour. Entry level ok. No license necessary. Must be able to pass a pre employment drug screen. Call Krista Gafford 679-6977