Currently looking to fill positions for a cogeneration plant In the Santa Clarita area with gas turbine driven generators providing electricity to lease operations and the grid. Gas turbines units are two LM2500’s. Both units have Power Purchase Agreements in place. In addition to the power generation, waste heat recovery units provide steam to leases for enhanced heavy oil recovery. The Cogeneration Operators are responsible for performing routine operations, inspections and maintenance of all equipment and systems located within the plant. Positions are considered an intermediate level role working under moderate supervision reporting to the Cogen Foreman. Position involves close interaction with Operations field personnel along with external vendors and subcontractors. Roles & Responsibilities: · Ensure the plant is operated and maintained according to Company policy and ensure compliance with all relevant federal, state and local regulatory requirements; with a strong focus on health, safety and environmental issues.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for continuous operations of cogeneration plant by performing equipment rounds, monitoring DCS and responding to alarms by calmly taking appropriate corrective actions.
- Read and follow written operating procedures, P&IDs and other technical material applicable to cogeneration plant operation and maintenance.
- Must be able to read and respond to computer-generated data, instrumentation, gauges, readouts and variations in color.
- Perform required field adjustments of plant equipment and systems to ensure that system operates in accordance with generation requirements, established operating parameters and environmental permit requirements.
- Monitor and maintain appropriate inventory levels of chemicals and consumables required to operate the plant.
- Utilize computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) to document and track the maintenance request / work orders and actions completed on plant equipment and systems.
- Participate in plant housekeeping program and completes clean-up activities required to maintain the desired level of plant cleanliness.
- Operate station vehicles such as forklifts, trucks; man lifts and overhead cranes
- Contribute to the development, review and issuance of required plant operating procedures and training programs
- High School diploma, GED, trade school, military service (Navy, Coast Guard. Merchant Marine plant engineering watch standing), technical training school graduate or college graduate with a BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Marine, Facilities)
- Gas turbine with heat recovery unit experience preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- Must have basic computer skills and have functional ability in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Team player with good communications skills.
- Self-starter who takes initiative on learning the plant systems with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible to changing work schedules for outages and other shift coverage needs.
- Interact with co-workers all levels of management in a professional manner. · Ability to respond calmly and think clearly in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Possesses a high standard of professional ethics, honesty, and work practices.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud, and occasionally very loud.
- Position requires working on feet extended working hours and varied shifts with weekend and holiday work, as required by schedules.
- Must be able to frequently climb ladders; enter and work in confined spaces; crawl to and through confined space areas; climb to and work from elevated platforms, and walkways
- This job requires the ability to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, climb vertical access ladders and stairwells.
- Personal protective equipment must be worn in the performance of some duties (e.g. hard hats, safety glasses, gloves, hearing protection, chemical suits, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.)
- Must be able to wear a respirator and use other safety equipment as required by plant management.
****Your resume MUST show gas turbine or steam turbine experience. As there is an immediate need for this!!
Please apply here and follow up with a call to Jan Fleet (661) 695-5112 or submit resume to email@example.com with Co-Gen Op in the subject