Our client is an independent engineering & construction firm. Established in 1956, today our client employs 2,500 people globally. Our mission is to serve our clients and the society by providing advanced, accurate and effective engineering solutions that improve our clients’ businesses and facilitate society’s access to competitive, safe, sustainable and state-of-the-art services, equipment and utilities. Expanding their presence in California and the US, our client aspires to incorporate people with the greatest talent and vocation, guiding their human and professional development through growing responsibilities and challenges. They believe in their professionals and support their performance, offering an environment with sufficient freedom to motivate individual initiatives that add value to their operations and improve their company. They trust the best to lead, avoiding any discrimination and demanding not only professional aptitude and results but also exemplary conduct, teamwork, dedication and commitment. Our client knows that, with the right people on board, everything is possible.
For a major rail D&B project our client is seeking a: Systems Engineer for a Requirements, Change & Configuration Management position
This is a position to support and perform Systems Engineering activities in a major D&B Rail contract and perform and support other Rail Systems Engineering activities for other rail and transit projects and proposals in the US. The Systems Engineer will support and perform the overall objective of producing, coordinating and monitoring project activities for verification and validation of the technical contract requirements. This position will integrate into the Validation & Verification team. Initially, under the supervision of the senior engineer(s), the Systems Engineer will independently define and implement requirements management best practices using IBM DOORS®.
The specific responsibilities for the Engineer’s first assignment, for a major D&B Rail Contract, include, but are not limited to:
• Independently develop and maintain IBM DOORS® requirements database including architecture of modules, attributes, objects and linking schema.
• Independently perform maintenance of existing databases, generate templates and import templates back into IBM DOORS®.
• Independently develop process to generate status and traceability reports, metrics and documents.
• Independently maintain links as necessary to other related databases.
• Prepare reports and ensure traceability of evidence to contract requirements
• Provide relevant inputs to other team mates, disciplines and functions.
Other responsibilities include:
• Know, respect and apply our clients philosophy and fundamental values, organizational and operating principles, standards and procedures.
• Perform in accordance with the quality, environmental, safety and any other requirements, in accordance with the scope, within the agreed timescales and budgeted costs, in accordance with Company’s quality, environmental, safety and any other standards and procedures as well as with all applicable legal requirements.
• Understand client’s requirements and assess documentation to ensure that a compliant solution is designed and/or implemented utilizing industry best practices.
• Organize and prioritize tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
• 5-10 years’ experience in Systems Engineering; experience in the railway industry is preferred, but not required.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in system engineering processes and IBM DOORS® software.
• Proficient user of IBM DOORS® software, including modules, administration, DXL, attributes, linking, exporting, importing, report generation, etc.
• Proficient user of MS Excel.
• Legally able to work in US.
• Minimum BS Degree in an engineering discipline
• Hard-worker, methodic and organized person.
• Rigorous professional with attention to details.
• Ability to multi-task, establish priorities and self-organize efficiently.
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team.
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Willingness to learn, develop and apply new techniques, standards and processes.
• Willingness to take on additional tasks as needed.
• Business fluency in English, both written and verbal. Knowledge of other languages will be valued
Related keywords: systems engineer, information technology, engineer, it