Position: Maintenance Technician
Summary: Required to perform all functions of plant maintenance. They are primarily responsible for the production equipment and preventive maintenance. Maintenance personnel maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and improve the processes related to the mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic and pneumatic equipment and the facilities of the production plant.
- Must maintain all food processing and non-production equipment in good running conditions. This includes but is not limited to preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing, modifying and improving.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs on production equipment
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production equipment.
- Comply with plant GMPs and food safety procedure
- Maintain good communication with the Shift Supervisors and Plant Manager, to enable maintenance scheduling
- Must be able to work as a team with other personnel in Maintenance Team
- Works with contractors and assists with new installations and other projects, as necessary.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain a clean and orderly work space
- While performing job duties inside processing plant, the employee is frequently exposed to cold temperatures, loud noise, onion fumes.
- 2+ years of related job experience in a maintenance position
- Working knowledge of compressed air systems, PLC programming, and three phase electrical systems a plus
- Proven experience as a maintenance technician
- Fabrication and welding skills a plus
- Knowledge of working in a food processing environment
- Good physical condition and strength with a willingness to work overtime
- Bi-lingual a plus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00-$20.00 /hour DOE