This Inventory Specialist will monitor the cost, quality and quantity of "products" bought, sold and blended. This specialist will also effectively and efficiently account for all "product" shipped, received and warehoused in the inventory system. This position will interact with sales, the warehouse and accounting in relationship with effective and efficient inventory control.
- Daily count and verification of inventory in stock and warehouse location
- Reviews ingredient specifications for QA/QC and provide reporting
- Accurately track and record "product" use and forecast product needs
- Make daily decisions to reorder or not reorder based on rapidly changing transportation or shipping costs
- Prepare and complete accurate shipping and receiving documents and inventory logs
- Inspect inbound and outbound shipments upon arrival by visually verifying, counting and cross checking the amount of "product" received and shipped
- Read and examine shipping documents, containers or finished "product" for completeness, accuracy and conformance to standards and specifications
- Enters and analyze production data as well as the consumption of raw ingredients, finished package products shipped by rail, commercial trucks and or containers
- Calculate figures, such as required amounts of labor or materials, manufacturing costs or material conversion such as a liquid to a solid as part of the blending processes
- Knowledge of basic warehouse and transportation systems, shipping/receiving forms and inventory workflow, office procedures and terminology
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to use or learn accounting software
- Operate 10-key calculators to perform calculations and produce documents
- MUST be able to add/subtract/divide and multiply for material conversion from solid to liquid or vice versa
- Possess good logic, take little direction and be analytical
This position is long term, full time, "temp-to-hire" position for an outstanding company in Bakersfield. This company offers a comprehensive benefit package!
Hours are Monday thru Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.